We are strong believers in experience education and hope that your school will choose our orchard as a field trip for your students in the upcoming 2016 Fall season.
Classic Tour: Apples
Brant’s Apple Orchard’s Classic tour will provide an enjoyable educational tour, especially designed for children ages Pre-K through 3rd grade. This fun- filled tour gives children an opportunity to learn while having a good time. Please allow at least 2 hours for the Classic Tour.
Students and chaperones will learn about the following topics:
- Pollination – Learn the importance of Honey Bee’s and how they help pollinate the trees in the spring.
- Photosynthesis – Learn what trees need to grow.
- Life Cycle of the Apple Tree – How the trees change in the seasons.
- Apple harvesting – Experience learning at its best. Head to the orchard to pick a fresh apple. Groups enjoy a ride through the orchard on our very own Tractor drawn trailer hayride.
- Apple Packing – Learn how we clean and sort our tasty apples.
- Cider Making – View a cider press and sample our delicious cider.
- Core Facts—Nutritional Facts about Apples
Tour w/apple picking, glass of cider & donut – $5.00 per child
With every 12 paid admissions you will receive one free admission for a member of your teaching staff. Parent Chaperones are welcome and are charged the same as the children.
All will enjoy a hayride through the orchard (weather permitting)
You are welcome to bring sack lunches to eat in our picnic area. We have lots of picnic tables, many of which are under shelter. All Tables are first come, first serve.